Electrical and Controls Engineer/Technician
- Food and Beverage
- Western Suburbs
- Contract or Permanent Position
Our Melbourne based FMCG client is currently seeking a specialist Electrical and Controls Specialist to support their maintenance and engineering teams.
Ideally you are an tertiary qualified electrical/instrument Technician or engineer with experience in all aspects of electrical and instrumentation maintenance in a complex FMCG plant.
Critical to this position will be your proven experience in the food, dairy beverage or the pharmaceutical sectors and an ability to communicate at all levels, providing leadership whilst working effectively in a team environment, and demonstrating advanced problem solving skills.
The role requires:
- EXCELLENT troubleshooting and programming skills
- Liaison with key internal stakeholders, external suppliers and OEM providers
- Electrical maintenance practices – predictive, preventative and breakdown
- Experience with Instrumentation, DCS, SCADA and particularly SIEMENS control systems
- Monitoring and reporting on operational performance
- Recommending procedures to ensure optimum performance of the plant
- Monitoring and reporting on progress of the assigned works against the approved delivery strategy while ensuring compliance with quality systems, OH&S principles and maintenance objectives.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an iconic company in the FMCG sector.
Remuneration will reflect your skills and capabilities against the above criteria.
Chelgrave Contracting Australia Pty Ltd is one of Australia’s leading specialists in Engineering and Technical staffing solutions. If you are interested in this role and meet the requirements above, please apply using the prompt below or for further details about this vacancy, please contact Peter Edwards of Chelgrave Technical Staff on 1300 33 10 10.
Please note that only candidates with existing rights to work in Australia should apply for this role.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR CV IN WORD FORMAT ONLY