Technical Product Manager
- Technical design and support
- Quality focussed
- South Eastern Suburbs
The product development team members are self-motivated and work as effectively in a small team Attention to detail is a must, as are excellent communication skills.
We seek someone who is enthusiastic multi-tasker who is focused, flexible, and confident.
The role primarily covers four areas: technical design and support, inventory management, product marketing, and quality control.
Technical design and support
- – Design and draft new products and sections, as required
- – Create plastic samples and models to test new products
- – Liaise with suppliers to create tooling and dies as required
- – Create and maintain technical manuals and support material for products
- – Assist and train staff and customers on new and existing products
- – Maintain a product release timeline
- – Liaise with factory manager regarding new products and storage locations
- – Manage procedure to ensure all products are stored and handled correctly
- – Work with marketing department to create and maintain sales material for new and current products in line with the company sales strategy
- – Help develop material to support product range
- – Implement and maintain appropriate quality inspection procedures for incoming product
- – Inspect and carry out batch testing of products
- – Maintain records of any testing completed
- – Liaise with suppliers to rectify any issues found with products
- – Implement and maintain faulty goods management procedure
- – Oversee/manage the test and analysis of any faulty products with clear internal communication and action plan to rectify the problem.
Desirable skills and traits:
- – Experience creating product samples
- – Generate 2D renderings (hand and computer), 3D CAD surface files; create photo realistic 3D rendering
Essential skills and traits:
- – Team focused
- – Self-motivated
- – Experience in using AutoCAD or SolidWorks
- – Experience in supporting/managing aluminium systems relevant to shower screens, wardrobe doors, balustrade, internal partitions, or louvre systems.
- – High attention to detail
- – Effective communication with team members and stakeholders
- – Understanding of design principles for manufacturing and assembly
- – Experience collaborating and sharing ideas with a team, and then turning those ideas into reality
- – Remain flexible, manage multiple projects, and prioritise effectively
- – Produce clear and complete documentation
Our client dynamic environment offers many benefits, including a competitive salary, a supportive team, and opportunities for growth, training, and development.
Chelgrave Contracting Australia Pty Ltd is one of Australia’s leading specialists in Engineering and Technical staffing solutions. If you are interested in these exciting opportunities and meet the requirements above, please apply using the prompt below.
Please note that only suitably candidates with existing rights to permanent work in Australia should apply for this role.