Maintenance and Major Shutdown Projects
At Chelgrave our extensive experience mean that we have the capability and know-how to staff and manage even the largest maintenance and major shutdown projects.
In the past we have provided not only skilled tradespeople to complete the work, but also planners and supervisors to ensure the projects were completed on-time, on budget and with minimum fuss.
Chelgrave commits to working with clients to develop a Major Shuts process that streamlines planning, scheduling, estimating, costing and execution of work packages. Planning processes for Major Shuts can be improved through:
- agreed processes for identifying work packages
- agreed processes for authorizing work packages
- agreed processes for scheduling work packages
- agreed processes for obtaining quotes for work packages
- agreed timelines for submitting requests for work to be scheduled;
- agreed timelines for final cutoff for scheduled work
- agreed methodology for client and Chelgrave planners to work together to plan and schedule work packages
- agreed processes for Inspection and Test Plans (ITP) once work completed;
- agreed process for review and feedback.
Shut Planning Examples
Steel Company Victoria
Chelgrave has been providing shutdown services to a major Steel producer in Victoria for over 28 years. Work packages vary from hourly rates to fixed price. The quantity of people varies for each shut with some shuts having up to 300 people supplied by Chelgrave.
Benefits and improvement supplied by Chelgrave include:
- Resourcing and staffing of large shuts with qualified and experience trades people
- Supervising maintenance activities during shuts
- OHS management (No LTI over last 10 years)
Pulp and Paper Company Chelgrave assisted in providing maintenance staff for the February 2011 shut. Work undertaken included hourly rate and fixed price supervised projects.
- Approximately 70 trades
- 1 manager & 4 supervisors
- No Lost Time injuries
- All work completed on time or ahead of schedule
- Fixed price quotes completed within or under budget
|Manufacturer||Ave. Qty People||Relationship (years)|
|Rail Rolling Stock Maintainer||12||15|
To find out more about our Shut Down Services, Click Here to review a case study about the projects we’ve completed for Australian Paper.