Chelgrave Contracting is looking to recruit a Rail Plant Fitter Mechanic with experience working on rail plant and equipment. Our client is a leading provider of rail plant equipment throughout Australasia in civil & rail infrastructure and ground & mechanical engineering. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic all-rounder looking for a long-term role with career development and advancement opportunities.
About the role:
- Working on equipment such as tampers, regulators, hi-rail excavators, loaders, rail saws and other heavy equipment
- Some Welding (training will be provided)
- Provide manufacturing and ongoing maintenance, spare parts, support and service.
- May require travel from time to time
- Trade qualification with 1+ years’ experience.
- Demonstrated relevant work experience.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Practical, hands-on approach, with good communication skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining a high standard of workmanship.
- Exceptional problem-solving and diagnostic skills.
- Strong commitment to safe working practices.
- Must have Rail Industry Worker Card (we can assist in acquiring/updating) & current drivers licence (HC preferred)
Chelgrave Contracting; shutdown and maintenance specialists since 1979, are providing labour solutions to some of Australia’s most iconic businesses. We are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and to delivering proactive and enthusiastic personnel to our clients.
*Please note that only candidates with existing rights to work in Australia should apply for this role.